Pages

Friday 27 March 2020

Our current situation

What is the coronavirus?

The coronavirus, also known as COVID-19 is a new illness that can cause damaged lungs and airways. The virus originated in Wuhan in China and has spread to many other countries: Italy, Spain, United kingdom etc.There are more than 300,000 cases and about 9,000 deaths in the world at the moment but those numbers will definitely continue to rise.

What are the symptoms?

There are many symptoms for the coronavirus, all of them being very similar to a flu or a cold. Even though the symptoms don't sound too bad this virus is still very dangerous and in some cases it can be deadly. The coronavirus symptoms are a cough, a cold, high temperature/ fever and/or a shortness of breath. If you have any of these symptoms you should self-isolate and call 111.

How to stop the spread.

To slow down/stop the spread of this new virus you should avoid gatherings with around 500 or more people, wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, use hand sanitiser, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, when you cough or sneeze cover it with your elbow or your hands, avoid contact with people who have the virus, try to avoid all types of public passport if possible and try to work at home.
What not to do.

Most people know what not to do but just in case here are the details, don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean, do not have visitors to your home which is sadly including family, friends etc. The coronavirus is quite new so there are not any current medicines to cure you from this virus so stay alert if you have any of the symptoms.

SR


My first 3 days learning at home.

Day 1 - 21/03/2020
Today was a bit weird because I usually play football with my team, the Dazzlers, and then go to my dance class but because I’m self isolating I couldn’t . So instead I painted my dad's shed, made a Mother’s Day card, did some arts and craft and best of all my dad bought me a football agility kit - it’s amazing.

Day 2 - 22/03/2020
After breakfast, me and my dad did some football training in the garden. I practiced my shooting and penalty shots. I then painted some pebbles with characters from the movie Moana. My favourites hei-hei.

Day 3 - 23/03/2020
I faced timed Amelia this morning to talk about the blog and our school work. We both tuned into YouTube and completed the Joe Wicks PE lesson. It was fun. I’ve done my English and Maths today and I’m now designing a henna tattoo #disney!

Harriett