Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2020

Born to Run!!!!!

  27th September 2020 - The Coast to Coast Relay: I decided to take on a challenge hosted by a running club named North East Project. The challenge was to take part in a relay from one side of England to the other. I ran almost seven miles and alongside me was my dad, this was the furthest I had ever run and it was extremely difficult. My run consisted of many different terrains including gravel and grass. A few other people joined my dad and me on this part of the relay.

 This autumn, I haven’t let the pandemic stop me running. I have still managed to compete.

 



Result: 6.88 miles = 1:01:30  



11th October 2020 - Beamish Hall 2km :

At Beamish Hall Hotel, Beamish.

This event was a 2 kilometre fun run. I took part in this event and finished first as seen in the picture on the left hand side. The run was made up of two laps through varying terrain, which included grassy fields, tarmac roads and a wooded area.



17th October 2020 - Birtley 5km Time Trial : This event was hosted by Birtley Athletics Club which is where I train. The event was a handicap so slower club members start first and then the faster runners chase them. I finished in third place clocking a time of 19:58 which was a new PB for the 5k distance. I Beat my dad by a whole minute and six seconds, GET IN!



Result:1st place = 8 mins 38 secs



24th October 2020 - Albert Park 5km Graded Race : The race at Albert Park was another event hosted by North East Project. I ran against five other people and finished in second place just 1 second behind the winner. This run was my second fastest 5km ever which really pleased me.



Result: 2nd Place = 20:40


 31st October 2020 - Loughborough XC


After being disappointed that the National Schools Cross Country Finals event was cancelled in March, Leicestershire hosted an event that anybody could attend. Before the race, the rain poured down making the course very muddy. I finished in eighth place from a field of 61 runners which contained some of the country's very best year 6 athletes.


Result: 8th place = 09:16


Noah, Year 6